Getting People To Know, Like And Trust You
A really important networking technique is relationship building. The generation of business through referral or ‘positive recommendation’ comes when people have come to know, like and trust you.
Here are my top tips for building successful business relationships:-
- Be able to succinctly describe the benefits of your service.
- If you can’t describe them, then how can others?
- Be specific about the help you want – who do you want referrals to?
- How can someone recognize that someone else needs your service?
- How effective are your business cards – do they clearly convey what you do? Do you use both sides?
- Do you have effective promotional material that clearly conveys how you/your services are of value to others?
- Help others first.
- Never criticize others.
- Provide written and verbal testimonials whenever possible.
- Be supportive to others when they need it.
- Be authentic – don’t try to be someone you are not – remember it is ‘you’ that is your unique selling point and people will see through an ‘act’.
- Deliver your promises and exceed expectations with the service you provide.
Be a good customer – pay on time.